We're about to launch our first ever crowdfunding campaign, but what exactly does that mean ...
What is crowdfunding?
In basic terms, Crowdfunding is a fundraising tactic that makes use of small amounts of capital from a large number of individuals, in order to finance a business venture. An active crowdfunding campaign is a powerful way to spread a brand's mission and vision to a wide and diverse market, and essentially allow anyone to become an investor in the venture. Pretty cool right.
How does it work?
When it comes to crowdfunding for small businesses, there are three different types of ways to crowdfund.
- Rewards-based crowdfunding: WIth this style of crowdfunding, people give an online contribution in return for a reward. The rewards can vary a lot depending on the capital given and the venture itself– but often include the product or service you’re planning to launch. Examples of this are often seen on crowdfunding platforms like GoFundMe or Kickstarter.
- Equity crowdfunding: Equity crowdfunding lets you raise funds from the public in exchange for unlisted shares (equity) in the business. Some of the bigger names in this style of funding include Crowdcube and Seedrs.
- Peer-to-peer lending: With peer-to-peer lending you essentially borrow from strangers. An online platform matches you up with people willing to lend. This is also called debt crowdfunding, crowdlending or marketplace lending.
Examples of crowdfunding?
Now that we’re a bit clearer on what crowdfunding actually means, here’s just a few examples of brands you might not know used crowdfunding to get off the ground. From Monzo, to Brewdog, to Pelaton, some big brands have made their names through crowdfunding campaigns.
Soon, we'll be launching our campaign on Seedrs, allowing you to buy equity in our business. That way, you can share in our mission and grow as we grow.
Get priority access to invest in our crowdfunding campaign and join our mission to bring both innovation and joy into our daily wash. We're excited to be offering you the chance to be part of KANKAN.
Here's how it works:
1. Visit our landing page to join the priority investor list
2. Fill out your details
3. We'll email you as soon as the campaign goes live!
You can preregister your interest here!
*Capital at risk. Approved by Seedrs. Investing involves risks, including loss of capital, illiquidity, lack of dividends and dilution, and should be done only as part of a diversified portfolio. This blog has been approved as a financial promotion by Seedrs Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (No. 550317)